Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Other stuff

There were certain things that I did not blog about over the past 2 months:
  • when Lucy is sleepy and putting herself to sleep she likes to put some type of fabric over her face, from her sleeve or her from her pj`s.  She breaths heavy into the fabric to create warmth and this calms her so that shortly after, she is asleep.
  • When Lucy gets laughing she gets the hiccups.
  • The top restaurants we went to: Shanghai - soup dumpling place in Old Shanghai; Nanchang - dumpling place in the same building as Walmart (outside entrance on the corner); the Chinese restaurant at Galactic Peace hotel; Beijing - Duck de Chine
  • The week we were in Nanchang, I had 4 companies contact me for potential job opportunities.  After one skype interview at 7 am in the hotel lobby, I realized that I had to stop answering emails and the phone.  It was not the right thing to do as my head space was so far from looking for work.  Since returning home, I have interviewed with 4 companies and started work this week.  Troy and I both knew that whoever found a job first would be the one to start working and the other would take care of the girls and get Lucy settled.  I think we were both in shock when it happened so quickly, but then I guess it`s all about the right timing.  I have not worked in 10 months and have thoroughly enjoyed being a full time mum.  What a gift it was for me as I have really enjoyed my time with Kyla.  Lucy is doing so well and we feel good about it.  I am lucky to have Troy stay with the girls, he will do a great job and build a special bond with them.  I have gone through the worrying over this, but then I think that is only normal and expected.  I will miss the girls tremendously.  My office will have wall to wall pics of the girls.  I have become one of those obsessed mums.
  • I am starting to feel like I should wrap up this blog.  I admire those who post regularly and continue the story back home.  I just don't think I can do it.  I will continue to send family and friends my picasa albums to show off the girls growing up.  I want to stop at the end of this month....this is my goal.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

We will hopefully very soon travel to China for our little one. She is currently in foster care with Ying Tan Welfare Institute. We just got our LSC one week ago tomorrow so I can't tell you what a joy it was to find your blog. A few months ago I tried to find current information on adoption experiences with this orphanage but found nothing like this. How wonderful it is that Lucy will have this wonderful account of your journies towards each other. Our little blessing turns 2 this Friday. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. Wendy

ATK+one said...

Wendy, maybe our daughters were friends. Congratulations to you and your family. Do you have a blog?

Wendy said...

No, I don't have one. I sure wish I had started one because this is just amazing! You've inspired me though to keep detailed notes and lots of pictures of our time in China. Maybe I'll pick up where we are now with a blog. Can you see my email address from this comment? I don't know how often our little one makes visits to the Ying Tan WI but I'm sure our girls saw each other when she did!!

Wendy said...

I've started a blog!