Monday, February 4, 2013

My rock

As I have posted over the past 6 weeks from my point of view on our experience, I wanted to share how I did not do this trip on my own.  I want to dedicate this one to Troy.

For those have gone through this type of trip you know that it is a life changing event, emotions are heightened, there are many unexpected or uncomfortable moments, your are jet lagged, your food intake is out of whack, you miss your own bed, and at times you lose it.  What I have been reminded of during this trip is that my husband is pretty awesome.  I already knew that as we have been together for over 20 years, but I realized how great we really are as a team in this type of life changing event.

Troy was there for me when I was not sane or strong enough, kept me calm when I was unraveling, and he is a great daddy to both of the girls.  We just jumped into parenting 2 kids instead of 1 overnight and we did pretty great balancing the needs of both girls.

I am so grateful to have a great husband.

Lucy is better and our goal with going into week #3 of being home is that we get into a schedule.


1 comment:

Jillian Aquino said...

This is so sweet. I look up to you guys so much. It was so nice to meet Lucy & see her lovely smile this weekend!